dinsdag 18 april 2017

NOTD: Orly Breathable treatment + color in Nail Superfood (20919)


You know how you walk into a store and you are drawn to the same thing over and over again?  And no matter how long you try to be sensible, at some point you just think "ah crap, let's just get it over with and buy it already"?  (Please don't answer no to these questions because you'll make me feel like a freak)  Well, that's what happened to me and this color.  Every time I passed it I just had to take it off the shelve, look at color, roll the bottle in my hand, only to decide that I already have so many similar colors and at €13,49 this is not a cheap nail polish (in my book anyway).  But one day I gave in, I just needed a little pick me up after a day at work (yes, I blame work!).  And can you blame me? If this color doesn't get you in the springspirit than I don't know what will.


Orly has always been a bit of a mysterious brand to me.  I never really knew much about them but at one point a few years ago, there were a lot of beauty bloggers talking about their Bonder base coat and that became my first Orly product.  I loved it!  But when it came to their polishes I never really felt like there was a buzz surrounding them like there is with other brands like O.P.I, Essie, Zoya ... Recently I noticed Di had started selling Orly and my interest was sparked.

According to their website the Breathable formula prevents chipping an peeling, is infused with argan oil, Pro Vitamin B5 and Vitamin C.  No top or base coat is needed and is a 13 free formula*.  It is marketed as a treatment + color for stronger, heathier nails.  I can't really say anything about the treatment part.  My nails are in pretty good shape and really don't wear nail polishes long enough for them to work as a treatment. 


Nail Superfood is described as a Bright Watermelon Creme color, to me it's a warm bright pink color. The formula applies easily, there was no trouble with streaking and it took me 2 thin layers to get the result shown on the swatch.


The brush is great, not too small, not too thick and the bristles don't feather around.  I also love the grip of the top, it feels a bit like rubber (which will make it hard to keep clean) which, combined with the engravings, give you a solid hold on the brush while applying you polish.

*ORLY Breathable Treatment + Color is formulated without: Toluene, Formaldehyde,
Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor, Ethyl Tosylamide, Xylene, 
Triphenyl Phosphate (TPP), MEHQ/HQ, MIT, Parabens, Animal Derived Ingredients or Gluten

Where to buy:
In Belgium you can buy Orly at DI or online at Orlybelgium.be, the Breathable treatment + color polishes retail at €13,49.
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig