zondag 7 februari 2016

I Heart Makeup Naked Chocolate Palette at Kruidvat Belgium


I'm not a big fan of companies that make exact copies of a product.  Maybe it's because I studied marketing and I know how strategies are made and how much effort and creativity goes into launching a product line or theme.  So when I first read about I Heart Makeup I really wasn't impressed with the company.  Their I Heart Chocolate palette is an exact copy of the Too Faced Chocolate Palette and when I say exact, I mean exact.  The packaging is slightly different (cheaper looking and feeling) but the colors and the theme are exactly the same.  But curiosity got the best of me and when I saw the I Heart Makeup palettes in a Kruidvat promotion I couldn't help myself and I decided to take a closer look at them.


I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality, especially for the price you pay.  Kruidvat had a tester of every palette so I could swatch them before buying.  This shouldn't come as a surprise but I decided to buy one.  Since I already have the Too Faced palette I decided to go for The Naked Chocolate one.  Natural everyday colors, you just can't have enough of those right? (please say yes as my bestie already called me out on this and banned me from buying other palettes like this, I think her exact words were "buy neon the next time, I'm sure you don't have that already")


First thing I did when I came home and opened the palette?  I smelled it and I mean I really inhaled the scent of it (I could just hear my man thinking "she's lost it completely now") ... A little word of advice?  Don't do that!!  I was expecting a sweet chocolate scent but instead I got a cheap makeup scent.  It threw me back in time to when I was 16 and buying eyeshadow for the first time in the supermarket.


The packaging feels cheap but hey, it is a cheap palette so that really doesn't bother me and the quality and amount of the eyeshadows makes up for the cheap packaging. 

top row swatches: Smoothy, Divine, Mocha Lover, Dipped, Choc-fest

It's interesting because I read this article recently about how we pay too much for makeup and this palette proves that we do.  Especially these days when drugstore brands often are as good a quality as some high end products are. That being said, I'm pretty sure we are all aware that we pay a lot for marketing or the brand name when buying makeup.  Or maybe we just want to go along with the hype.  I know I do.  Which is exactly why I believe in mixing high end and budget products.  

middle row swatches: Adorable, Buttons, Frosted Choc, Delight, Sweet Shop, Sugar

My swatches were made with one swipe of my finger rubbed over the eyeshadow.  They were taken by daylight and I did no editing where the light was concerned to keep the result as real as possible.  
Some of the more matt colors are a bit chalky (which they often are) but the shimmers are just so buttery and soft!!  

bottom row swatches: Double Dip, Tob-le-rone, Wonka, Milky, Way

If you're looking for a nice natural palette that isn't expensive and gives you a lot of product than this is definitely one to look at!

Where to buy:
The I Heart Makeup promotion at Kruidvat Belgium runs until the end of this week and all the palettes are €9,99.  If you can't find them at Kruidvat you can always order them online at www.makeuprevolution.com .
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig