zaterdag 1 augustus 2015

All time favorite: Kiehl’s Heat-Protective Silk Straightening Cream




Do you remember the epic episode of friends where Monica had a little bit of a hair issue due to humidity?  You know, when her hair looked like this:


That’s me (well, if you dim it down a bit).  I have a natural curl in my hair but as usual, when you have curls you want straight hair.  As a kid it was cute, little blond curls that bounced around.  I was really proud of my curls back then but all that changed when my hair grew longer.  


If I let my hair air dry I have a curl in the back, straight hair in the front and frizz all over.  Not exactly the look I want to go for so I use a hair straightener about 3 times a week.   To prevent my hair from getting too much heat damage, I have developed my own routine: I wash my hair in the evening and let it air dry (and even go to sleep when it’s still damp).  In the morning I use my blowdryer just for a minute followed by the magic of my much beloved Chi hair-straightener.  


But there’s no use in kidding yourself: heat + hair = damage.  The only thing you can do is try to limit the damage is use good heat-protecting products and a decent hair-straightener.  Insert Kiehl’s Heat-Protective Silk Straightening Cream.


Kiehl’s is mostly known for their great skincare products and the apothecary feeling of their shops.  The great thing about Kiehl’s shops for me is that the salespersons are always so helpful.  They take their time and they hand out plenty of samples from products you’d like to test before buying them.  


According to me though, not enough has been written about the haircare range of Kiehl’s.  I love their Amino Acid shampoo and conditioner but I adore their Heat-Protective Silk Straightening Cream.  I’ve tried a lot of heat protective straightening products but I always come back to this one.  Every time I pass a Kiehl’s shop I buy one, just in case …  I think it is the creamy substance that makes me love this so much, it’s creamy so it feels nourishing but without making your hair heavy.  I rub a pea size of the cream between my hands and then put it on the section of hair I’m going to attack with my straightener.  After straightening all I need is a little bit of hairspray and I’m good for 2 days!!


So if you’re looking for a good heat-protective straightening product, take a look at this one.  I promise it won’t disappoint. 

Where to buy:
You can buy the Heat-Protective Silk Straightening Cream at a Kiehl's shop or online shop (€21 for 150ml).



SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig