zondag 5 juli 2015

Recipe: healthy banana bread


I really can’t help it but when I come into my kitchen en find my banana’s looking like this I get really excited (and yes, some days that means doing a little happy dance in the kitchen).   Because banana’s this ripe have so much potential.  You can freeze them and make a healthy milkshake (no ice cream needed), make some banana ‚ice’ cream out of them (with a spoon of peanut butter for me please) or you can use them for baking and even though the weather is way too hot to do any sort of cooking or baking, I just had to make some banana bread.  



This is a healthy version, no added sugar and made of oats and oat flour.   When the weather is as hot as it is these days, my appetite just drops to almost nothing.  Ice cream for lunch and a small salad at night is all I need but I admit, Ice cream for lunch isn’t the healthiest option.  So now I can just take a slice of this banana bread with me and eat for lunch.  It’s very filling so it will satisfy me until dinner.  With the oats in there, it’s like a full meal for me.


I’ve made this banana bread 3 times before and even my man, who usually doesn’t eat anything sweet, loves this one.  


I got this recipe from the instagram account of gigisele, a dutchie who’s into fitness and healthy eating.  I really love her account!



Ingredients:
  • 130 gr (or 1 cup) oat flour 
  • 30 gr (1/4 cup) oats
  • 2 tl (tsp) baking powder
  • 2 tl (tsp) cinnamon - if you don’t like cinnamon you could leave it out but it does give an extra dimension to the flavor without being overwhelming
  • 3 bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 egg white
  • a handful of (frozen) blue berries
  • 4 dates
  • baking tin (like a loaf tin)


How to:
  • preheat the oven to 220°C (428°F)
  • mix the bananas, eggs, egg white and dates (I do this in a food processor)
  • add the oats, oat flour, baking powder and cinnamon
  • carefully add the blue berries
  • put baking paper in the baking tin
  • pour in the mixture
  • sprinkle some oats on top of the dough
  • bake for 50 minutes
  • to make sure the top doesn’t burn, I put some aluminum foil over it about 20 minutes in the baking process

Let it cool down and enjoy!



SHARE:

3 opmerkingen

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig