maandag 7 maart 2016

Essie spring 2016 collection


If you live in Belgium and you love nail polish you have to run to DI this month.  They have this promotion that you can buy any nail polish at half the price when you hand in an old polish.  This is the perfect promotion to stock up on those nice new spring collections that are hitting the store right now.  I took full advantage of this promotion last week, to the point where it got embarrassing.  Since the promotion said you could only hand in one old polish a day I did just that.  Every day during my lunch break I went to DI, handed in an old polish and bought a new one at 50% off.  I even dragged a colleague along one day just so I could get more polishes in a day.  Freaky, I know but I desperately wanted to get the whole Essie Spring collection before the weekend so I could swatch the polishes.  By friday I concluded that I wasn't going to get all 6 of them before the weekend but I still went in the store after work to get my 4th polish of the collection.  Standing at the cash register all of a sudden the sales lady (a very nice sales lady I must add) said: "we just received an email from our headquarters saying that we are allowed to accept 3 old polishes a day per costumer so if you have 3 with you right now you can hand them in ... that way you don't have to come around with one polish each day."  How embarrassing is it when the sales ladies know these things about you?  For me, it's the story of my life but I did feel a bit awkward.  Just a bit though ... I handed in 3 polishes and left with a big smile on my face.

So here you have them, all the colors of the new Essie spring 2016 collection.  I have to say that I was a bit surprised by some of the colors.  I expected the peachy pink nude, the peach, the orange, even the purple one didn't surprise me but I wasn't expecting the green and teal color.  It is a bit of break from the more traditional minty soft pastel colors that you can expect to see in the spring and I like that.  The quality of the polishes is great as usual and I applied 2 coats to get full coverage on all the swatches.

high class affair

I love this color, it's a light peachy nude pink.  A neutral color but with enough cuteness so it isn't boring or dull.

lounge lover

The centerpiece of the collection.  A nice peachy pink that reminded me a bit of Tart Deco when I saw it on the stand.  It isn't as bright a pink as it seems on the picture.  

shades on

An 'in your face' bright purple color.  This is something I'd prefer on my toes rather than on my hands.

off tropic

I love dark green but it feels like an odd color choice for spring.  This is more of a fall color for me but it still is a gorgeous dark green.

pool side service

I don't know how I feel about this color.  It hasn't thrown me off but I'm not really a big fan either.  For me this one will also be more of a feet color rather than a hand color.  It's a petrol/teal color and it is quite different from the usual spring colors I must say.

sunshine state of mind

This just screams sunshine, spring, summer ... it's just such a bright color!! It's a pinky orange, I really don't know how else to describe it, and a definite hit for spring.



Where to buy:
In Belgium you can buy Essie at DI and Kruidvat.  Like I said DI is having a 50% off promotion when you hand in an old polish.  Normal retail price is €12,49.

SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig