zondag 20 december 2015

NOTD: Deborah Lippmann Cleopatra in New York


Glitterseason is here!!! Well, it should be anyway but the weather isn't really cooperating.  It's too warm for the time of the year and today the sun was shining.  I can't help it but I'm not in the Christmas/New Year mood.  The season is just off!!  I guess migrating to Australië would be a no-go for me ;-) 


But when a colleague asked if I could bring some glitters to the office so she could do her nails for Christmas I pulled out all my glitter, golden, silver and everything in between polishes and I rediscovered this one: Cleopatra in New York by Deborah Lippmann.


To me Deborah Lippmann equals glitter.  Sure, she has 'normal' polishes in her range but I'm not one to pay more than €20 for a 'normal' polish.  But for her glitters I gladly pay up!  Her glitter polishes are just gorgeous and now that I've pulled this one out, I'm dying to put on more (and maybe even buy some more).  


Cleopatra in New York is a black polish with golden glitters.  It took me 2 coats to get full coverage but the polish (and glitters) go on easy.  You just have to play around a bit to make sure the glitters are evenly spread.  It's just a gorgeous polish and perfect for the days to come.


As much as I love the glitters, removing this is a real pain in the a**.  The easiest way and the least aggressive way for your nails according to me is the aluminium foil method.  Take a cotton disk, drench it in nail polish remover, lay it on your nail and wrap the tip of your finger in aluminium foil.  Leave it on for at least 5 minutes and you should be able to wipe off the glitter polish quite easily.  For the Deborah Lippman polishes I usually wait for about 10 minutes.  It look ridiculous I know but it works!

Where to buy:
You can buy Cleopatra in New York at feelunique.com for €24,30.
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig