zondag 5 juni 2016

1 year already


I started this blog exactly 1 year ago today and I want to thank each and every one of you for stopping by my little place on the web.

Starting this was a big step for me, I'd been thinking about it for so long and I remember being on vacation and talking about it with my man who's simple reply was "just do it".  And he was right so instead of thinking about it I just did it.  It was a bit confronting at first because even though I'm sure most of my friends and colleagues are well aware of my nail polish/makeup and overall beauty addiction, showing it to the whole world and giving everyone a look inside my 'collection' makes it all very real.  But everyone has been very supportive and when I'm slacking there's always the one person that tells me "hey, I was reading the blog and you haven't posted in a while, when will the next post be up?" ... 

It's been very exciting to see the statistics of the blog.  An international 'audience', the number of readers going up ... it's very humbling and I always wonder who you are.  Because even though I see you are all reading, nobody has left a comment (except for my bestie in the beginning).  So I'm anxiously waiting for that to happen.

This first year for me was all about discovering blogging.  Do I like it?  Am I any good at writing and am I any good at writing in English?  Do I have enough to write about? Will I be able to take good pictures and edit them?  I can answer yes to a few of these questions, some of them are for you to answer but since I see the number going up, I can't be that bad can I?

The one thing I'm not good in is creating a nice layout.  I just don't have the patience to start fumbling around and so I decided that I would treat the blog to a new bought layout.  I searched the net and decided on a layout from Pipdig. My requirements weren't that big: not too expensive, modern looking and easy to install.  And it took me longer to decide what template to buy than to install it.  I'm not done yet with the whole layout, there are different pages in the works and I will be linking my social media accounts to the page.  But that's not for today since the ironing is waiting for me (and I've already neglected it last week so I really have to get it done today).

So what does the future hold?  I have no idea, the thing I'm struggling the most with is the frequency of posts.  I've tried posting every day for two weeks but it's not realistic and it's just so much pressure that it's not really fun.  So I'm thinking 3 posts a week on regular days and than when I have more time or something really exciting to write about I can just add an extra post.  I'll be experimenting with this for the next weeks and I'll let you know what I come up with.

If you have any suggestions on how to make the blog better or if there are specific things you'd like to see more (or less about), please let me know in the comments ;-)
Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to stop by.  Hope to see you again soon!

XoXo
An


SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig