woensdag 7 oktober 2015

Giorgio Armani Eye Tint in number 10


I'm not one to buy really expensive make up on a regular basis but every now and then a girl's got to spoil herself.  When I was in Brussels the other weekend the one store I wanted to visit was Inno.  Inno is a Belgian Department store (well, not so Belgian anymore because they were taken over by Canadian department store Hudson's Bay) and I think it's the only real department store we have.  But the most important thing: the store in Brussels sells Giorgio Armani make up and I really wanted to make a stop by their counter.


I've read so many good things about their make up line, especially about their foundation and about the eye tints.  Since I had a few unopened foundations waiting for me at home, I decided to go for the eye tint and took home number 10.


The great reviews are true, this is amazing stuff.  I'm always a bit critical reading reviews of new product because a lot of time people get sent these things for free and aren't always honest because they don't want to get on the PR companies' bad side.  But being an independent woman and all, I buy all my stuff and am honest about thing.


So back to the eye tint.  I love the color, it's a dark taupe brown, perfect for fall and winter.  The saleslady told me to wear a base underneath but since I do that every time I wear eye makeup that was a given.  And this color stays put like it was cemented on there.  I wore it all day long, went grocery shopping with it, walked in the rain, I even too a nap in it ... and it didn't move an inch.  


The only downside I find to it, is that it doesn't blend that easy.  I wore it as a single color all over the eyelid and in the crease and blended it out with my Real Techniques base shadow brush but I had a hard time with that. So now I'm trying out some lighter taupe eyeshadows to combine this with.  You know, put the eyeshadow in the crease and blend it out and then put the eye tint on the lid to insert some shimmer and shine.  
But if you don't need blending out, if you're going for a not so neat and blended out look, or if you just want to slap a bit of color on your lid than this is great!


You can build up the color as you go along.  I used a brush for my first layer but put some extra on the lid using my ring finger and that worked great as well.  One thin layer will give you a nice wash of color, three layers will be smoking it out to the max because the pigmentation is great. So use a little at a time if you want to build up, especially with this color because it's a darker brown.

At €33,65 this isn't a cheap eye makeup product but I'm really impressed and next time I'm in Brussels I will be stopping by the Giorgio Armani counter again I'm sure.

Where to buy:
You can buy Giorgio Armani beauty online in Europe at Parfuma.com (among others) or you can just search online for a store in your country.

SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig