donderdag 15 oktober 2015

The product that changed everything for me: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion


I was a real girly girl when I was little.  When my mom didn't look I would walk around in her heels, wear her pearly necklaces and use her lipstick.  As I got older that changed.  Puberty was hard on me, I was really self-conscious of my body and wore XXL clothing all the time (looking back I was probably a size small or medium at the maximum).  But puberty ended and I found my place in the world.  I started wearing normal sizes, started going out and putting on make up.  And I loved it!!  I didn't have that much make up but I loved experimenting with it.  The only thing I hated was the creasing of my eye makeup.  After a few hours a lot of my eyeshadow had transformed into a thick line in my crease, what a pretty sight! But since I didn't wear make up everyday, only when I was going out, it wasn't that big of a problem.  All that changed when I ruptured my Achilles tendon and I had to keep still for 6 weeks.  Yes, 6 weeks where all I could do was sit in the couch and get on everyones nerves I can imagine.  My only friend was my laptop and the internet.  That's when I discovered the world of blogging, beauty blogging in particular and when I learned about eyeshadow primer.  I had never heard of such a thing before but to me it was such an eyeopener.  I read about it and read about it and read about it and finally decided I had to get this!!


Those who know me will find this next part hard to believe but I was afraid of buying this online so when I was mobile again, I went to every drugstore and perfume store in town and asked for an eyeshadow primer.  This was the year 2010 and the looks I got were looks of disbelief.  Eyeshadow primer?  Not available for the normal public it seemed.  And than in one store they gave me this Sensai eyelid base.  I don't remember how much it costed but I was so happy to have found it that I just bought it.  And it didn't do anything for me!  Absolutely nothing!  It felt like an eye cream, it applied like an eye cream and stayed 'wet' like an eye cream.  I was so disappointed!!  


But all the bloggers couldn't be wrong, right?  So I got all my courage together and bought the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion online (at Boozyshop.nl but they don't carry UD anymore).  I had never heard of Urban Decay before and online shopping was totally new for me.  What a difference with today!!! I buy so much online these days and I roll my eyes at everyone that has never heard of UD.  My purchase didn't let me down, it did exactly what it promised and ever since then I've used this base every time I put eyeshadow on (which is almost everyday really).    And that was the beginning of the end ... from that moment on I bought makeup like there was nothing else and the little girl inside me that stole her mothers lipstick came to live again!


I don't know how many Eyeshadow Primer Potions I've used since then but I always come back to the UD eyeshadow primer.  I've tried the painterly paint pot by mac but that didn't work for me, my eyeshadow stille creased.  The samen goes for the color tattoo's by Maybelline.  They work fine when I put UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion underneath them.


The same goes for Nyx Jumbo eyeshadow pencil in Milk.  I agree that it's a great base and it brings out the color of your eyeshadow a lot more but I have to apply it on top of my UD eyeshadow primer.


But now my UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion is getting empty and I'm torn.  Do I just buy another one or do I try something else?  Like Too Faced Shadow insurance or The Balm's put a lid on it.  I hear so much good of those that I want to try them but somehow it feels like cheating.  UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion has done so much for me that it will always hold a special place in my heart.  I think I'll try my Lorac sample sizes first and maybe I'll give the Sensai one another go (after all, I am another person now, one that has a lot more experience when it comes to eyeshadow primers)  That way I can buy some time before I have to decide what to do.

Do you have one product that changed everything?  Let me know in the comments!!

Note:
Yes, you read it right: I will try the Sensai eyelid base again even though it's like 5 years old.  It's been closed ever since, still looks fresh and doesn't smell bad.  Reading up on it, there aren't many positive reviews on it so chances are it's still as bad as I remember and will find its way to the waste bin very fast.
And yes, my painterly paint pot has dried out so I had to get rid of that one too.  There was just no way to work with it anymore. Such a shame!
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig