zondag 15 november 2015

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil


I'm a Bioderma micellaire water kind of girl.  It's easy, works like a charm and only takes a few seconds.  Why mess with a winning thing right?  Well apparently I did.  When I was cleaning out my closets in September I came across this Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil by The Body Shop.  I vaguely remember buying it when it just launched and using it a few times ... and not really liking it.  But since September was the month I forced myself to use everything I had in my closets before opening something new, I reintegrated it in my evening routine.  


I've been using it a few weeks now and it has grown on my.  Especially now that the weather is getting colder I'm loving the feeling of the oil on my skin.  One pump of the product is enough for you whole face, you gently massage it all over your face and eyes and then add a bit of water which turns the formula in a milky substance.  Gently rub the water/milky substance over your face and eyes and rinse off with more water.  My skin feels really nice after this and my face is ready for the next step in my evening routine.  I'm a firm believer of the double cleanse: you take of your makeup and follow up with a cleanser to really clean up your face.  So after the Camomile Sliky Cleansing Oil I'll still use another cleanser (one of Neutrogena at the moment).


As much as my face loves this product, my eyes do not.  Well, maybe that's putting it a bit wrong.  It doesn't irritate my eyes or anything but after the cleansing it feels like there's a film of some sort over my eyes.  Also it doesn't take off all the eye makeup (think a panda like situation).  It's fine for eyeshadow but removing eyeliner or mascara?  Nope, there's still a fair amount left after cleansing.  So you'll still have to use an eye makeup remover alongside the cleansing oil.  One swipe with a cotton pad with some eye makeup remover on does get rid of all your eye makeup and also takes care of the film that was left over the eyes.

I'm pretty sure the amount that's left in the bottle will get me through the coldest months of the year but I don't think I'll repurchase it when it's finished.  I think I'll just go back to my Bioderma micellaire water that does the job so much faster.  

Where to buy:
You can buy The Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil at The Body Shop.  I paid €13 for 200ml.





SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig