zondag 23 augustus 2015

Catrice Colour Brightening Base Coat with Keratin


To me base coats are a necessity but not really the most of exciting products.  You need one to prevent colors from staining your nails and if you can combine that with a nail hardener to strengthen your nails than you’re all set.  I used to be a big fan of the Orly bonder formula but since  I’ve started using a nail hardener as a base coat, I really haven’t missed it.


There are some base coats out there that have a specific use and this one by Catrice is supposed to intensify your color.  I wanted to try it and I used my newly saved Essie Action as my guinea pig.

one coat of base coat on the left, two coats on the right

To me the base coat is just a white nail polish but with the correction fluid finish.  I can imagine putting a nice shiny topcoat on there and no one would notice the difference between a white polish and this base coat.  I put on 2 coats of it because 1 didn’t cover very well and I didn’t want to risk seeing the streaks through the polish.


So 2 coats of Colour Brightening Base Coat (01 On Top Of The Alpes) followed by 2 coats of Action by Essie.  You can definitely tell the difference.  This combination makes me even reassess my feelings for Action.  From hate to love?  Not really, but from hate to like?  Definitely. 


I can imagine you can get the same effect when using a normal white polish as a base but I’d opt for the Catrice version instead of using my white - mostly Essie and therefor more expensive - polishes.

Where to buy:

You can buy Catrice Colour Brightening Base Coat in the color 01 On top Of The Alpes at Kruidvat for €2,99.
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig