zondag 21 februari 2016

NOTD: OPI 5 Apples Tall (Hello Kitty collection)


I don't know what happened but the last few weeks (or even months) I lost my nail polish mojo.  Somehow nail polishes didn't really fascinate me anymore.  It wasn't that I felt like I had all the colors, it felt more like I had enough all of a sudden.  I even went a few weeks without painting my nails, can you imagine?  Me?  Not painting my nails?  It was weird, even my man told me to put some color on my nails because I didn't look myself without it.  Maybe it was because of the Make Up Forever course I took that my interest somehow shifted to other products ... I don't know.  All I know is that this little OPI polish managed to get me out of my funk.


I'm no Hello Kitty fan, not even when I was younger.  She just doesn't appeal to me, to be honest I don't even know what she does.  Is she funny or just cute?  I have no clue.  And I saw the OPI Hello Kitty collection on a few websites but I really didn't find the colors that interesting, until I went to got my eyebrows done.  I only had to wait 5 minutes but that was all it took ... I looked at the display and my eye immediately fell on this color.  I picked it up and decided to put it back, only to pick it up again and place it back again.  You see, OPI polishes are not a quick buy for me.  They're €15 so I don't buy OPI very often, it's just too expensive if it's not a special type of polish.  But while the girl was doing my brows all I kept thinking about was this color and I knew I would regret not buying it.  And after all, it had been weeks since my last nail polish buy ... enough reasons to justify buying it.


I truly love this color.  It's not really red, it's not pink, it's not coral ... it's actually all of that, a nice corally pinkish red.  I know I'll be wearing this one a lot, it gives me a summer feeling looking at my nails. 


As usual with OPI the polish applies easily and without streaking.  It did take me 3 coats to get it totally opaque but this kind of color tends to need that.

If I'm being totally honest, there were a few other colors of this collection that sparked my interest and I'm hoping for a good ebay seller to buy them cheaper.  If you know a good ebay place to buy nail polish (that ships to Belgium) please let me know in the comments.

As for now,  the day after buying this one I took home 5 more polishes and I'm actually looking forward to all the spring collections that will be launching in the upcoming weeks.  Looks like the spark is back again.

Where to buy:
I bought mine at Instant Spa in Leuven, Belgium but you can buy OPI online at several places like feelunique, sephora.fr ...
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig