zondag 6 september 2015

Essie fall 2015 collection


It shouldn't come as a surprise but I generally love Essie polishes.  The quality of the polish, the range of colors but the most important one for me: the brush!  I love the wide brush, it applies polish so easily (even with my non-dominant hand)!  
Essie's permanent range has a great choice in colors and yet they always seem to able to come up with something special for their limited editions.  And now fall is here!  The good thing about fall polish wise is that the time is here for glitter!! Yess!! Probably one of the thing I love most about fall (aside from scented candles and my little couch blanket).


The fall collection exists of 6 colors (from left to right):  Color Binge, With The Band, In The Lobby, Leggy Legend, Bell-bottom Bells, Frock'n Roll.

Color Binge

Color Binge is described as an orange red and it is just that: a gorgeous color that applies easy.  In the picture I'm wearing 2 coats and you can tell it gives good coverage (which isn't usually the case with a color like this).

With The Band

With The Band is described as a toasted spice burgundy.  Personally I would describe it as a 'rusty' dark red.  But let the picture speak for itself.  Again 2 coats give great coverage.

In The Lobby

In The Lobby is described as an exotic cinnamon plum.  It is plum, not quite sure where the exotic an cinnamon come in though.  I applied 2 coats and as you can see, the result is quite 'patchy'.  I couldn't even it out in 2 coats but I'm pretty sure a third would've made the result a lot better.  Because of the 'patchiness' I don't think I'll be putting this one on a lot this fall, which is a shame really.

Leggy Legend

Leggy Legend is described as a 'glamourous alloyed bronze bombshell'.  It's a gorgeous bronze polish  but maybe a bit too orange for my skin tone.  I do love these kind of polishes.  2 coats are enough for great coverage and the formula isn't streaky at all.

Bell-bottom Bells
please excuse the awkward pinky pose ;-)

Bell-bottom Bells is described as a midnight indigo.  I'm not one to wear blue nails often, something about a bottle of blue polish just puts me off (no idea why really) but once I applied it, I was kind of fond of this one.  It will get a special place on top of my nail polish vanity so it's always in sight for fall.  I wonder how many times I'll grab it.

Frock'n Roll

close up of Frock'n Roll

And last but certainly not least: Fronck'n Roll.  Described as a lustrous shimmering rich expresso.  I was a bit surprised by this description since I only read it after I swatched it.  When you look at it closely there seems to be a bit of plum in there.  You can see it a bit on the close-up picture (which was initially taken to show you the shimmery part of the polish).  I love this color, I love these kind of shimmers in polishes and that's what fall is all about.  2 coats give perfect coverage and the polish has a great formula.  I already know I will be wearing this one a lot this fall.

top row: Color Binge, With The Band, In The Lobby
bottom row: Leggy Legend, Bell-bottom Blues, Frock'n Roll

Where to buy:
You can buy Essie in Belgium at DI and Kruidvat.  As of Tuesday sept 8, Kruidvat has a promotion where you get 20% off when you buy 1 Essie polish and 30% off when you buy 2.  Or you can order Essie at bol.com.


SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig