maandag 7 september 2015

Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Serum


I'm always curious about innovative products and I always considered Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Serum to be just that.  I've read about it on several blogs and I really wanted to try it out but there was one teeny tiny problem: the price.  It's fair to say the Perricone MD products don't come cheap and I didn't want to waste a lot of money on something that might be good but could just as well be horrible.  Mixed reviews on the net made me even more hesitant.


And than I was shopping at Sephora and waiting in line at the cash register.  Sephora is a sneaky little bastard: they put little travel sizes right along the waiting cue.  Clever, smart ... whatever you want to call it: it certainly works.  The best part of this for me is that they aren't your usual shampoo/conditioner/bodywash/bodylotion travel sizes but they have a great variety of make up products in there too, which is great if you want to test something but don't want to buy a full size of it yet.  So I bought a small size of Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Serum, part of their No Maekup Skincare Range.


I love the packaging, it looks very 'intelligent', but it gets a bit messy when using it.  The instructions say you have to dispence 3-4 drops into your palm and use you fingertips to apply it all over you face in circular motions.  Well, my dispenses just squirted some product out, there was absolute no sign of 'drops'.  Ok, I can deal with that.  But you handpalm is also left with residue which makes it all so messy.  


And than there's the result.  Apparently this serum comes in two tone: 1 fair to light and 2 light to medium.  There is no color indicated on the box but I blame that due to it being a travel size, when open in I read in the instructions that this one is number 2 Light To Medium.  


I was impressed when I put it on, it felt great on my skin, made my skin feel healthy.  It's no foundation but than again, it doesn't claim to be.  To me it's more like a bb cream, it evens out the skin and gives it a healthy glow.  The color was too dark for me, it was ok in middle of my face but you could definitely make out the edges of my face and the transition to my neck.  Me no want that!  But after giving it a little rest, the edges seemed to fade.  So it definitely needs time to 'sink' into the skin.  After wearing it all day, I felt like my skin looked great but no better than a good bb cream or colored day cream could make it look.


I'm happy I tried it but I would never buy the full size of this.  It's just way to expensive for what it does for me.  There are cheaper (and even better) alternatives according to me.  And this one will go into a drawer until next summer or until I go to a tropical island.  I have to have a bit more color in my face (if that's even possible with my skin) before I use it, but it would be great at night for that my skin but better effect.

Edit: after writing this I went to put this product away and started doubting.  I honestly don't think I'm going to use this much.  First of all because the color is a bit off and second of all because I'm just not wowed by it.  So I decided to give it away to one of my friends.  Maybe she'll have more use out of it.

Where to buy:
In Belgium you can buy Perricone MD at parfuma.com, they do sell the No Foundation Foundation but apparently not the serum.
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig