zondag 5 juli 2015

One month has passed …


When I started this blog I gave myself one month to figure out if I would like it since I’d been thinking about it for so long.  And after a month I would decide what to do with it.  So now my trial period has ended and I have a decision to make.  

I love new things, starting projects, thinking about them, developing them … but once things are in place and the routine starts to settle I get bored.  It’s the story of my life really.  So would this blog be any different?  Maybe a month isn’t long enough to answer that question but so far, I still like it.  I never thought I would love writing so much and that it would come so naturally for me (or so it feels), especially since I’m not a native English speaker.  

I got my first experience in writing in English when I was around 16 years old (22 years ago!!!) and I wanted pen pals.  I guess those don’t really exist anymore with the internet but I placed an add in an American teen magazine called BOP and it was just a matter of time before I found a new hobby.  My mom still laughs with it, every evening I was writing letters to strangers really.  Girls from all around the world, I think I had about 100 pen pals at one time.  With some the contact was more superficial than with others.  Getting older I lost contact with most of them, aside from 2 who found me on facebook.  
I’ve always loved the English language, it was the only thing I loved in school.  I love traveling to the USA so where I can speak English all the time and when I read it’s mostly in English.  
So even though I’m sure my writing isn’t perfect and you can find grammar mistakes on here, it was never an option for me to start a Dutch blog.

One month into this I have decided to keep going but I am going to change things up a bit.  The content has only been beauty so far, which is one of my biggest passions but there is more to my life than just make-up and nail polish. I love to travel so there will be some travel posts on here very soon along with some baking recipes maybe.  

I’ll also be working on the layout in the near future.  I’ve kept it pretty basic so far, no logo or anything, because I wanted to focus on the writing and content and see how I liked that(because for me that still is the most important feature on a blog).  I haven’t linked my instagram account of facebook account or anything and that will change too.  I’m working on creating a 'logo’ of some sort and once that’s here I will make a facebook account for the blog.  I’ll put all the social media links in once it’s all in place.

But it has to remain a hobby and I feel the ‚need’ to post every day. To take some of the pressure off, I decided to try and post every day but not a full on 'article’.  In between full post I might post a NOTD like yesterday, something like that.  I don’t work ahead but I might in the future after a holiday where I’ve found the time to write a lot.  But so far, I take my pictures in the weekend and write right before the post goes up.

I haven’t done any 'publicity’ for this blog, only on my instagram account so I am surprised when I look at the statistics.  People from all over the world are reading, I find that really exciting!!!  I don’t know who you are but I love seeing you here.  Well, I don't really see you because that’s the only thing that I don’t have: replies.  I know you’re reading but I don’t know what you’re thinking so PLEASE leave a reply (pretty please *insert eyelash fluttering*).  Tell me what you think of the blog, what you’d like to see (or not) …  or just say ‚hi’.

So for now, I think I’ll just keep going using the trial and error method along the way and I hope you'll keep visiting my little place on the web.


SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig