woensdag 22 juli 2015

Exchange rate worries …

Those of you that have been reading my blog know by now that I’m a big USA fan.  I love traveling to the US.  I love the county, the nature and of course the shopping!  When I first went to the US I bought almost everything I could get my hands on simply because it was so much cheaper that in Europe.  Many thanks to the EUR/USD rate that until a few months ago was an extra reason to buy as much as my credit card limit would allow*.  But at this moment the EUR/USD rate isn’t what it used to be and many theories see it going to a 1/1 rate.  Boohoohoo … me no want that!  I already noticed it on my last trip that especially hotel stays were a lot more expensive than the year before (when converting them to EUR).

Aussie shampoo: 
+/- $3 for 400ml (walmart.com) or €7,49 for 300ml (bol.com)

So, with the exchange rates doing what they are doing, is it still worth it to shop in the USA?  Hell yeah!!  Just look at the pictures included! Even with a 1/1 rate you’ll still get more value for your money in the USA.  Just try to focus on American brands and leave European brands alone, you won’t get a lot of advantage when you buy those in the USA.   

L'Oreal nailpolish:
+/- $4,5 for 11,7ml (walmart.com) or €5,99 for 5ml (bol.com)

But when it comes to online shopping in the USA, I’m afraid that’s a big no-no for me these days.  When you take into account the shipping costs and taxes, it’s just too expensive.  Now, if sephora.com started shipping to Belgium I might make an exception but for now I’m just waiting for when the tide shifts on the exchange rate market.


* this may be exaggerated for dramatic purposes ;-)
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig