zondag 19 juli 2015

Sunday Treats: Roasted Chickpeas



These have been going around on the internet like crazy and yet I'd never made them before today.  I really can't say why that is,  I love to snack and I try to stay away from potato chips as much as I can but when my man opens up a bag I go all out.  Roasted chickpeas are said to be a great substitute for potato chips.  You can flavor it anyway you want, I used paprika and chili powder.  You can also make a sweet version with honey and cinnamon.  The options are endless here so let your creativity go!


Open a can of chickpeas, rinse them and let them dry.


Mix them with one tablespoon of olive oil and the spices of your choice.  Spread them out on a baking tin, covered in baking paper.


Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).  Bake them for 15 minutes, toss them around and bake again for 10-15 minutes and your done.  These are very crispy when hot but soften when they cool down.  You can eat them as a snack or mix them in with your salad.


SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig