zaterdag 28 mei 2016

Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipsticks


It took me a while to get on the liquid lipstick train but since they are everywhere I really didn't have a choice but to give in.  The problem with liquid lipsticks is that if the formula isn't good, it's just a waste of money.  I'd already read a few mixed reviews on the Vivid Matte Liquid Lipsticks from Maybelline but when I was in the drugstore and I saw Coral Courage I just couldn't resist.  I was just so drawn to that color.  Of course I couldn't just leave with one so Fuchsia Ecstasy also ended up in my shopping basket.


To be honest, I can totally understand the mixed reviews.  I put Coral Courage on after I had lunch (so around 14h) and the formula took ages to dry.  It actually felt like it never really totally dried up.  So I was a bit suspicious from that point on.  After a cup of coffee and a glass of water I could already see it getting patchy.  You could see my lips coming through in the center of my mouth.   After dinner it looked as if I had a thick line of lipliner on the edges of my lips and forgot to fill in the rest (not the most flattering look).  But when I removed it in the evening there was still some color coming off, it did leave a stain on my lips.

This picture is a bit darker but if I manipulate the lighting you won't see any difference between the colors.

In all fairness, after buying the Dose Of Colors liquid lipsticks my standards have risen.  So I was a bit disappointed in these.  I did test them without a lipliner underneath and without reapplying them (that's how I test all my lip products).  They probably have longer sustainability when you fill in your lips with a lip pencil first.  These aren't really matt either and the fact that they feel like they don't really dry up makes the product shift around somewhat when rubbing your lips together.  


I'm not the biggest fan of these and after testing them I'm a bit afraid to wear them in public because of the patchiness.  I think Maybelline could've done a much better job with the formula.


Where to buy:
I bought mine at DI but you can buy them at the drugstore.  They cost €6,99 each.

SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig