zondag 22 mei 2016

Urban Decay Alice In Wonderland Through The Looking Glass eyeshadow palette


YESSSSS!!! That was my initial reaction when I saw this palette appearing on the net the first time.  I got to know UD because of their gorgeous I love New York Palette and I feel like it's been ages since they brought out an eyeschadow palette with artistic packaging like that.  Don't get me wrong, I love their naked palettes.  These have all your everyday colors and are very convenient for traveling or if you're doing someone else's makeup.  But when it comes to packaging, they're just not that interesting.


So I was really excited when I saw that UD was 'going back tot their roots' in a matter of speaking and of course I just had to get this palette (or what did you expect?)!  I left my email on the notification list of Feelunique.com and waited.  Well, I'm lucky that I didn't wait until I got a mail because I never did!  I saw on instagram that the palette was in stock and ordered immediately, good thing I did because it sold out very fast.  And not only the palette but also the lipsticks of the Alice In Wonderland collection.  So that tells me that there are people out there that are even more into collecting makeup than I am because those lipsticks aren't the most wearable colors (which is why I didn't get them).


This palette is so gorgeous.  The packaging is a real work of art!!  I absolutely love it!!  Of course this isn't made for traveling and it's not the most handy palette but hey, all's fair in art right?


The eyeshadow collection is very colorful and great for experimenting.  I know UD shadows are great quality shadows but these shadows just blew me away.  The pigmentation is to die for and they go on so buttery and creamy.  


You get 20 all new shades in the palette and each column is dedicated to a character of the movie: Alice (left column), Mad Hatter (second column from the left), Mirana (third column), Iracebeth (fourth column) and Time (last column). You can recreate the look of your favorite character by using the colors in their column or you can just mix and max the colors and create your own looks.

I had so much fun swatching these.  I always do swatches before I start playing with the shadows and I already knew I was going to love putting these on my eyelids.  These shadows are so pigmented, I swiped once with my index finger on my arm to make the swatches and as you can see the pigmentation on these is just fabulous.

top row

second row

third row

bottom row

I know there are colors in there that I'll probably never use but to me this palette is more of a collectors item with the benefit of great shadows.  

Where to buy:
I bought mine at feelunique.com but unfortunately it's totally sold out.  I paid €56,76 for mine.

SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig