dinsdag 24 mei 2016

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser


I'm a big fan of primers that promise to erase pores.  I love Benefit Porefessional and Kiehl's Micro-Blur Skin Perfector, they just make my skin feel so smooth, blur out pores and provide a great base for applying makeup.  So when I saw Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser in the drugstore my curiosity was triggered.  To be honest, this one has been in my possession for over a year noyw, I bought it when in the USA (on one of my Walmart sprees) but hadn't gotten around to using it.  When I saw that it finally launched in Belgium I immediately opened it to try it out.


The packaging is basic but practical and the color of the tube fits perfect in the whole Babyskin/Babylips range that Maybelline has.  It's just cute.


The consistency immediately reminded me of Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer.  It's a see through gel type formula that feels very sillicony.  It felt very different to the Benefit and Kiehl's formulas but hey, different doesn't have to mean bad right?


First thing I noticed when I tried it out on my hand was that it 'rolled-up', you know it didn't really take to the skin but the more I tried to rub it in, the more it dissolved in little pieces of product that sat on my hand.  Maybe I just used too much while testing it out, with primers a little goes a long way usually.


So I tried it on my face, under my make up for a week.  I used a tiny bit on the area where needed and followed with my foundation as usual.  What surprised me was that it left a 'greasy' feeling whereas the other pore diffusing product usually dry up more matte.  I had to be very careful applying my foundation to avoid the product rolling up.  I'm usually very much into buffing foundation into my skin but this time I had to be really light handed while applying it.


I really had to force myself to use this a whole week, it just didn't work for me.  I already wanted to toss it after two days.  I even felt a bit of relieve when the week was over.  

I personally won't be using this again but my bestie asked if she could try it so it's getting a second chance with her.  

Where to buy:
You can buy Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser at you local drugstore.  In Belgium a tube costs €7,99 at Kruidvat.
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig