woensdag 18 mei 2016

Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette


If you're no stranger to my blog than you know by now that the word 'limited' has a special effect on me.  Sometimes it feels like I'm collecting makeup (and I admit that I have way to much to ever use up) so when something is limited or hard to get, I just have to have it.  Thankfully my man finds it all very funny.  He can't understand why a new - limited - makeup item makes me happy (and somewhat proud maybe) but as long as it makes me happy, he doesn't care.  


So it shouldn't surprise you that I really wanted to have this palette.  It was released in the States a while ago, has sold out completely and Too Faced has announced that they will be re-releasing it in a few months.  I knew if I wanted to have this one I had to be fast.  Sephora France announced on instagram that the palette would be in stock on Monday May 2nd and since I had a week off I was prepared!  The palette sold out fast so if I was working that day I probably wouldn't have been able to get it, sometimes luck has to be on your side with these things.  Delivery was fast and by Friday I got to hold my new little treasure.  


First thing I noticed was the smell (of course).  It's a very fruity sweet peachy smell and the sensation feels very weird to me.  Eyeshadows aren't supposed to smell like this, lipsticks maybe but eyeshadow?  Weird.


The palette contains 18 eyeshadows and the colorselection just screams summer.  I'm usually one to go for the more neutral tones so this palette will be a nice and welcome addition to the ones I already have.

I'm sorry, I just had to include a picture of this cute little peach...


With the palette comes a little booklet with instructions on three different looks.  I love it when they do this, especially with this palette where some of the colors can be a bit out of the comfort zone for most people.  Now at least you know where/how to start and you can let your artistic freedom flow as you go.

Top row (from left to right):
White Peach, Luscious, Just Peachy, Bless Her Heart, Tempting, Charmed I'm Sure

Middle row (from left to right):
Nectar, Cobbler, Candied Peach, Bellini, Peach Pit, Delectable

Lower row (from left to right):
Peaches 'n Cream, Georgia, Caramelized, Puree, Summer Yum, Talk Derby To Me

As usual the pigmentation and formula of these eyeshadows is great.  It only took me one sweep with my ring finger to get these swatches.  The colors are very build able and blend like a charm.

I'm really happy I got my hands on this one!  I've been experimenting with the palette ever since I got it and one of the reasons I love it is that you can go bold and neutral with this.  A great palette for spring/summer!!!  The smell though ... weird!!

Where to buy:
Unfortunately the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette is currently sold out at Sephora.fr but you can join the waiting list.  I paid €44 for it (I had a discount code but the discount was around the same amount as the shipping costs are).
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig