zondag 7 juni 2015

Urban Decay Sheer Revolution lipstick and 24/7 glide-on lip pencil in Streak



A few months ago I was in a Sephora in Lille (France) when I saw the prettiest lip pencil ever!  You know how it goes, you are sure you have everything and you are on your way to the cash register when all of a sudden something catches your eye.  Without thinking you just throw it in your basket and off you go.  It was like that when I saw the Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on lip pencil in Streak.  I absolutely fell in love with the color!  Fast forward to 2 weeks ago when I was in the USA visiting Sephora and I passed the Urban Decay counter thinking about my Streak lip pencil and how I didn’t have a lipstick to (completely) match the color.  Short of time (my man was waiting so I was shopping against the clock) I bought the Sheer Revolution lipstick in Streak without really looking at it in detail.


I have to say, I love the color of the lipstick but when I came home I was really disappointed.  The color doesn’t match the lip pencil at all.  The lip pencil has a more orange undertone and is a lot brighter than the lipstick is.  I thought it would be easy: a brand that has different lip products in the same color (or with the same color name I should say), for me that’s a guarantee for a perfect match.  Apparently not.



Never mind, a nice lipstick (and it really is) and a nice lip pencil, I can work with that.  The result is a nice pink lip, not too harsh but not too nude either.  A perfect lip for everyday and totally work proof.  I filled in my lips completely with the pencil so it would work as a base, since the lipstick is sheer this makes sure the color will last longer.  And it did, 5 hours later the color began to fade.  Considering I had a few drinks and dinner, it passed the test with flying color.  



I will definitely be wearing this combination this summer but I still wonder why a brand would bring out 2 lip products with the same color name that are no color matches.  Maybe the normal Revolution lipstick will be a better match, I guess I’ll find out in a few months when UD will finally be available in store in Belgium.  As for now, this combination has to do.



As you can tell, selfies are not my forte.  Maybe I’ll get better at it, maybe not.  It’s not really my ambition to be good at it and bombard you with pictures of myself as I’m quite camera shy.  But writing about lipstick without showing how it looks in real life just doesn’t work for me.  No filters were used on these pictures.  It’s just me, the light and the makeup.  


Where to buy:

In Belgium: ici paris xl (website only for now)

Worldwide: feelunique.com (free shipping for orders over 14£)
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig