zondag 14 juni 2015

I confess: I'm a nail polish addict.


"How many do you have?” I shrug and simply say "I don’t know”.  It’s not really a lie, I’d have to check my inventory to see how many I have.  Because yes, there is an inventory and yes, without that I have no clue how many nail polishes I have.  "But do you use all of them?” "At least once.”, now that’s a lie.  When you start lying that’s the first sign that you have a problem right?  You just ignore the reality and make things up so you fit in to what everyone finds normal.  

I really can’t say when it started and how I got here but buying nail polish just makes me happy.  In fact, I never used to paint my nails and even when I started buying nail polish I wasn’t painting my nails on a regular bases.  I do now though, if I have no nail polish on people start asking questions.   Even my man tells me "put something on your nails, this isn’t you” when I go 'bare’.  But contrary to what people might think, I don’t put on a different color every evening.  I can easily go with the same color for a week (I’ve got the topcoat thing down to perfection).  

So why do I buy them?  Like I said, it makes me happy.  When I’m in a bad mood, I just go to my nail polish dresser (because yes, there is also a separate dresser for my little bottles of happiness) and look at them, feel them, get them out, rediscover them … and within a few minutes I’m smiling again.  Superficial?  Maybe.  But I’m sure everyone has little material thing that makes them happy. 

It’s no secret to the people around me that I love nail polish.  Hell, one of my nieces (5 years old) drew me with big red dots on top of my fingers.  I guess that says it all, right?  My friends, colleagues, family … they all smile and think whatever they want to think.  I don’t care really.  I try not to judge people for their little defects, weird habits, passions … and I hope people around me do the same.  And if not, well than that’s really not my problem is it?

I have however set some boundaries for myself. I hardly ever buy luxury nail polish (I think I have 2 Chanel bottles) and I seek out special deals in store or on the internet when I want something.  There are a few exceptions tot the rule: Marc Jacobs nail polish (I always buy some when in a Sephora), Zoya (because it’s hard to get in Europe, anything hard to get triggers something in me) and maybe the occasional special limited edition that I really can’t resist.  But other than that I mostly buy Catrice and lately Essie (because of the special deals).  Financially I’m safe!!!

So here it is: I’m An, I’m 38 years old an I’m a nail polish addict.  How many do I have?  I’ll have to check my inventory.  Do I use them all?  Nope.  That’s the honest truth.  When you tell the truth, you are aware of the issue and it doesn’t cause any financial trouble, there really isn’t a problem, is there?


P.S.: for those of you who know me and wanted to find out how many I have: I’m sorry, that’s my little secret ;-)

SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig