zondag 28 juni 2015

Maybelline New York the palettes part 2: The Smokes


A few months ago I was strolling through boots.com , I was all out of Indeed Labs Hydraluron sheet masks and since there was a promotion going on I decided to order some.  Of course, there is no such thing as just ordering what you need and while I was looking around I came across a 3 for 2 promo on eyeshadow palettes.  So I ordered 2 (and a third one for my bestie, you always have to share the good promo’s with your bestie) and one of them was the The Smokes palette by Maybelline.  I don’t remember reading about it before I saw it on Boots but decided to get it (ok so maybe there was this voice going „Maybelline is bringing out a whole collection, get them all!”).




It is available in Belgium, I’ve seen it at DI and I think it will be available in more stores since there’s a blank space next to the The Nudes palette in the Maybelline Display.  It retails for €15,99.


The packaging is the same as the The Nudes palette.  A clean black case with a see through portion.  And when you open it, guess who’s in there: it’s the THINGY again!  Maybe I should write a whole piece about the thingy, it is after all a classic.  



The back is also the same as the first palette, there’s a breakdown of 13 different looks.  




As I expected, the color pay off is much better.  Since most of the colors are darker that wasn’t a surprise to me. There are only 3 nudish colors in there and though they aren’t very pigmented they are good for some highlighting or to wear as a base before you put other colors on your lid.  

For the pricing you can’t go wrong with this palette if you are in need of some darker colors.  You can even make a more nude eye with this one so for me this palette is a better deal than the The Nudes one.  But that’s just my opinion.

Where to buy:

- I’ve seen it in the DI store for €15,99.
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig