donderdag 20 augustus 2015

Matching colors


"So An, I have a question.  I have this wedding coming up and these are the shoes I’m going to wear and I was wondering if you have a matching nail polish I could use.” And there she was, my colleague, standing next to my desk, showing me her (gorgeous) coral shoes (if you’re looking for the brand, they are Noë shoes, a Belgian brand that brings out shoes in every color possible) and immediately my mind wondered to my happy place called my nail polish collection.

Yes people, that’s what I’ve become: the matching nail polish lady (by the way, I think this should become a thing like the crazy cat lady).  Show me a color and I’ll be able to match it nail polish wise.  And don’t worry if I can’t exactly match it, I’ll just go out and buy more polish until I have the perfect match (really, I don’t mind, just another excuse to buy polishes).  

I took a picture of her shoes just so I could try and find the perfect match.  The one problem here: how many polishes can I let her swatch before it’s too much.  You know, before the matching nail polish lady becomes the crazy matching nail polish lady?

I did it once before you know, a friend of mine texted me ‚ I bought a fuchsia dress for a party, do you have a matching nail polish?’ so I went to her with around 10 fuchsia colors just so we could match the perfect color (and it was a perfect match).  It was a fun afternoon, her daughter knew 'An with the nail polishes' was coming over so she invited a friend and we painted nails all afternoon (I did anticipate this bringing some funkier colors and glitters for the little girls).  Because you see, little girls or grown up girls … girls will be girls.

you can find all the names and colors at the bottom of this post

Back to the shoes and the matching colors.  I think I’ve found a few candidates**.  I really hope the perfect match is in there ...


*Note: I know she’s reading this so thank you for letting me use your feet and shoes in this blog post, even if you didn’t know about it until now :-)

**Polishes shown in the picture (random order): Catrice CO3 Mr. Brightsight (LE NEONaturals), Rimmel Rita Ora 408 Peachella, Essie 74 Tart Deco, Catrice 89 Peach Club, Essie 304 Serial Shopper (LE Neons 2014), KIKO nail lacquer 359, Revlon Sizzling Coral, Revlon 715 Privileged, L'Oreal Paris (USA) 109 Orange you jealous?, China Glaze 873 Flip Flop Fantasy, Catrice C03 Apricot Lane (LE Travel De Luxe), Essie Peach Side Babe (LE Summer 2015), Catrice C05 Blossom You, Blossom Me (LE Eve In Bloom), GAP Coral Sunrise, Catrice 20 Meet me at Coral Island, Barry M Hi-shine nail paint Papaya, Catrice 82 A Gallon of melon, Maybelline Color Show Bleached Neons 242 Coral Heat, Rimmel London 60 seconds 415 Instyle Coral
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig