zaterdag 8 augustus 2015

Splurge vs Steal: Deborah Lippmann Rockin’Robin vs NYC Nolita’s Lolita


Sometimes I can just smack myself in the head for buying high end, more expensive nail polish.  And this is one of those times.


A few years ago I bought Deborah Lippmann’s Rockin’Robin when it just came out and I paid €22 for at (at Parfuma in Antwerp).  I loved the polish, it’s a a minty blue with black speckles in.  It reminded me of the chocolate easter eggs Hema brings out every year.  I loved the color, wore it plenty during the spring/summer and then forgot about it.  


Last week during my lunch break I was strolling through the local drugstore (because what else is there to do during lunch break right?) and passing the NYC display I noticed this polish called Fancy Dotty in Nolita’s Lolita.  Immediately I thought of Rockin’Robin and I just had to buy it so I could compare the two.  


That’s right, I bought it so I could compare it to something that’s quite possibly the same and that I already have.  Sounds crazy?  Maybe a bit but hey, I bought it so I might as well compare them.


I paid €2,49 for the NYC polish and to be honest I love it more than I do the Deborah Lippmann polish.  The biggest reason for this is the brush. I love nail polish brushes that are a bit wider and the Deborah Lippmann one’s are quite small.


There really isn’t a big difference between the polishes quality wise, the color is a bit different though.  Nolita’s Lolita is a light blue polish were as Rockin’Robin has a bit of mint in it.  It’s not really minty green, more minty blue if you get what I mean.

from top to bottom:
DL Rockin'Robin, NYC Nolita's Lolita, DL Rockin'Robin, NYC Nolita's Lolita

Even though I hardly ever buy nail polish that costs more than 10€ (which is already expensive enough I think), I am willing to pay more if it is something special*.  I will buy Deborah Lippmann glitter polishes because those are just a-ma-zing!!  But for a ‚normal’ polish that doesn’t have a special effect of finish to it, I just don’t see any reason any more.  Drugstore polishes have come a long way and are great quality wise.  


So comparing application, quality and prices there is no doubt in my mind that you should go for NYC Nolita’s Lolita (you do realize that for the price difference you can buy 7 more different NYC polishes right?)



*one exception to this: Marc Jacobs beauty nail polishes, just because it’s Marc Jacobs :-)
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig