maandag 17 augustus 2015

MAC Relentlessly Red lipstick (retro matte formula)


I like a bold lip, just not for everyday.  I don’t find it very work appropriate on my face so I wouldn’t feel comfortable wearing it at work.  But when I’m not working and especially when I’m going out, I love putting on a bold lip.  It just makes me feel totally different somehow.  I guess that’s the magic of make up for me, depending on what I put on it can make me feel totally different (rocky, romantic, fierce …).


Yesterday was girls night out, the best occasion to pull out the latest addition to my lipstick collection: Relentlessly Red by MAC.  If you look up the lipstick on the international MAC website it’s described as a 'bright pinkish coral red' on the Belgian website it’s described as a 'bright coral red'.  There’s definitely a lot of pink in this lipstick so if I was looking for a coral red lipstick and I would’ve bought this based on the description, I would not have been a very happy camper.  But I bought it in store after seeing it on a you tube video so I knew exactly what color I was getting.


And I love it!  The lipstick has a retro matte formula which I love.  I had no problems applying it but I do moisturize my lips all day long when I know I’m going to be wearing a matte lipstick at night.  Your lips have to be smooth because it will show every imperfection your lips might have.


Oh and can we just talk about the smell of a new MAC lipstick … is there anything that smells better?  Probably, but that’s besides the point here.  When I open a new MAC lipstick the first thing I do is close my eyes and smell it.  It’s just that typical vanilla MAC lipstick smell.  I swear they put some kind of drug in there because that smell is just addictive.

'the serious look'*

I don’t know what your girls nights out are like but mine typically involve: drinks, noise, starters, more noise, food, quiet while we eat, dessert (sometimes, depending on how many of us feel guilty about it) or coffee, more noise … and then it depends, it was a Sunday and most of us had to work so I called it a night after that.  But if it was a Saturday, there would probably be more drinks (preferably frozen margaritas to give me that brain freeze from hell that you just want more of) and much much much more noise.  Because girls you know …

'the half smile' with a little touch up (automatic lighting correction) on the right*

So after all that eating and drinking, what was going on on the lips you wonder?  Well, there was less lipstick (which is normal) but there was still a nice stain of color on them.  I really had to wash it of with make-up remover.  So thumbs up for sustainability. 

when taking selfies gets boring*

What is it with bold lip colors?  I really don’t know but the fact is that I probably have more bold colors than I do more muted, everyday colors even though I don’t wear them as often.  But that won’t stop me buying them.  They make me feel fierce and every girl deserves to feel fierce from time to time.


*selfies are taken with an Iphone5 and are not my forte, in case you hadn't noticed already, no filters were used and no touch ups unless stated differently

Where to buy:
You can buy Mac Relentlessly Red at a Mac counter, Mac (pro) store or online (www.maccosmetics.be for the Belgian readers, in case you didn't know).  Retail price is €19,50.
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig