zondag 9 augustus 2015

Make Up Forever 9 Artist shadow palette 1


So, let’s talk eyeshadow palettes.  They are yet another weakness of mine.  Especially when they consist of natural colors, I just can’t resist.  I have a ton load of palettes lying around, a lot of them I’ve never even used.  Starting a blog has been on my mind for a long time and mentally I was preparing myself for it.  It took a little push from my man to start the blog.


Back to the unused eyeshadow palettes;  I bought them with every intention of using them but there was always that little voice in my head that went „but what if you would want to take pictures of it for your blog?  they would be so much nicer if the shadows were unused.”  So last sunday I’ve spent 4 hours (!) taking pictures of eyeshadow palettes and now I’m like a little kid in the candy store.  All these palettes, brand new, for me to play with.  Overexcited doesn’t even begin to describe it!


First one to play with: Make Up Forever  9 Artist shadow palette 1.  


I think I had 3 Make up forever products before buying this palette.  All three of them were samples or sephora birthday presents (because one lovely sales lady gave it to me a month before my actual birthday when I visited New York).  Even though I didn’t have that much experience with the brand, I knew Make Up Forever stands for good quality make-up and this palette was on my wish list when I visited the States last may.  



When I saw it for real I never even doubted my wish list, the colors were perfect and it retails for $42.  This is exactly why I love palettes, when you do the math they are almost always cheaper than buying the different shadows separately.  


Bonus with this palette is a little booklet on how to create 3 looks: the Chic look, the Natural look and the Smoky look.  The shadows are grouped to create these looks.  Easy if you don’t have a lot of time or inspiration but you can mix them up just as well.


Chic Look:



Natural Look:



Smoky Look:


The pigmentation and formula of the shadows are great.  They go on so smoothly, blend easily and  have great pigmentation.  


The only negative thing about this palette is that it's so heavy.  I was surprised by this, most palettes don't weigh that much.  Depending on where I'm going (you know wether or not I'm going somewhere where shopping is involved and every gram in you luggage counts) this may not be a palette I'm taking with me while traveling.


Unfortunately I haven't been able to find this palette anywhere online in Europe.  I don't know if it will be available in Europe anytime soon but maybe you know someone who's visiting the States in the nearby future and that's kind enough to bring this one home to you.
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig