maandag 31 augustus 2015

NOTD: Marc Jacobs Beauty in Louise (160)



If you're a regular reader of my blog, you may have noticed that a lot of products hold a special memory or meaning to me.  This nail polish is no different.


Last year right before I went to New York I was busy making my wish list as usual.  I always bring back a Marc Jacobs nail polish, to me these scream luxury and they are my guilty pleasure.  So while making my wish list I was strolling through the colors and noticed this one, named Louise.


A few months before, my bestie had just given birth to a baby girl named Louise.  Needless to say I just had to get my hands on this one (not just for me but also for my bestie).  If I'm honest, I was a little bit jealous.  I mean, who gets a nail polish named after them after being in this world for around 3 months?  I've been here 38 years and I've never seen a nail polish called AN (if you know one, please let me know).


So I thought it would be easy, just stroll in to a Sephora and buy two bottles of nail polish.  Sounds simple right?  Wrong!  Apparently this polish was part of a range that just got out and after spending 3 days in New York I still hadn't been able to find it.


And then came the last full day and we decided to walk the high line.  We were just casually walking towards it when I noticed a Sephora, a really nice Sephora I must say.  It was just around opening time and by now my travel companions all know that I can never, and I really mean never, pass a Sephora without entering.  'Just a quick look' I said, and in we went.


Without hesitating I went to the Marc Jacobs display but unfortunately without much luck.  My friend was trying out polishes on the separate nail polish display when she called me and there it was: Louise.  I immediately grabbed 2 bottles and went for the cash register (after 3 days of New York, I just cannot afford to wander around a Sephora anymore, it's just dangerous for me).


It's a very wearable color, a soft nudish pink.  A bit of a baby nude pink I think.  I love Marc Jacobs polishes, they are good quality, have a good brush and apply without streaking.  But this one holds a special place: little Louise, this little bottle will always put a smile on my face.

Where to buy:
You can buy the Marc Jacobs Beauty range exclusively at Sephora.  Sephora.fr does sell the nail polishes (€19,90) but unfortunately Louise hasn't made it over here yet so for now, you can only get it at Sephora.com (they ship to a very limited amount of European countries) ($18).
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig