zaterdag 15 augustus 2015

My evening skincare routine


After doing a morning skincare routine a few weeks ago (you can find the post here), it’s time to show you my evening skincare routine.  I’m a big fan of double cleansing.  I take my make-up off first and than proceed with this routine.  So what I’m showing you here is what I do after I take my make-up off.


First, cleansing.  If you’ve read my morning skincare routine you know I’m a big Neutrogena fan so it should come as no surprise that you’ll find a lot of Neutrogena in this post. For my evening cleanse I use the Pore Refining exfoliating cleanser.  It contains Alpha and Beta Hydroxy acids and also contains little beads for a scrub like’effect.  The beads aren’t harsh in any way but they do make your skin feel really clean and ‚new’.  


One thing though: this really hurts when you get it into your eyes.  I know, you’re not supposed to get products in your eyes but when I rinse this off and open my eyes to grab a towel, somehow I always get some in my eyes and it really stings.  


Next up: toner.  At night I like a toner that’s not as soft as the one I use in the morning.  I’m currently using the Pore Refining Toner by Neutrogena.  You can just feel it working without drying out the skin.  It feels like it does more than just take away the leftovers from the cleanser without being aggressive.  My skin feels thoroughly cleansed after this step.


Under my eyes I use Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye.  I’m a firm believer of eye creams and this one is great to use at night.  It’s a very creamy substance that really needs time to sink in but it makes my under eye area feel really hydrated at morning.  Does it do something for my wrinkles?  Well, yes and no.  If you have wrinkles around the eyes, they always seem ‚better’ when you use a good eye moisturizer.  Dry lines just seem so much worse than they really are.  So yes, it does something for the lines around my eyes but I don’t feel like this one really ‚battles’ them (if that’s even possible).  


For my face I start off with a hydrating serum, currently loving the Indeed Labs Hydraluron serum.  I’m so into the retinol and acids these days that I sometimes forget that I have a normal to dry skin.  My forehead and chin are normal and my cheeks are dry.  My day and night creams all have their purpose but they aren’t moisturizing enough for my cheeks so I use this serum at night, on my cheeks mainly.


Last step is my night cream.  This Retin-oc correction nourishing anti-wrinkle cream by ROC is a joy to put on.  It makes my skin feel really good and smells really good (according to the man sleeping next to me at night).

I also put on a really moisturizing lip balm at night like Rosebud salve or Bite Beauty’s agave lip mask.



So here you have it, my daily nighttime skincare routine.  To be honest, I think I need to do this again in a few months because I’m running out of Neutrogena products and the way things are looking now I won’t be going back to the states in the next few months so I’m going to have to do some research as to what to replace them with.  If you have any suggestions you can always leave them in the comments down below.
SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig