zondag 30 augustus 2015

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette


Once you’re hooked, there’s just no going back.  I’m talking about the naked palettes by Urban Decay.  I remember chasing after the first one (which was always sold out everywhere) and finding it in a Sephora in San Fransisco at opening time.  There were 4 palettes in stock and I took 2 (one for me and one for the bestie), sorry not sorry for the people coming after me.  Mind you, this was like the 10th Sephora I visited that trip and the only one that had it.  That was the trip my man first got to know Sephora, learned that MAC isn’t always short for McDonalds and saw a Naked Palette bring pure happiness to his girl.


It was a good marketing trick, making sure stock is always low, the product is hard to find and bloggers write about it.  It became a cult product, a legend on its own.  A good quality eyeshadow palette with only natural/nudes in there.  Since than almost every brand has come out with a similar palette but they started the whole thing.


UD had added 2 more naked palettes and of course the 2 naked basics (that are great for traveling) to their range.  And like I said, once you’re hooked, that’s it.  So it should come as no surprise to learn I almost have them all.  The only one missing is the Naked Basic 2, I’m still planning on getting it but waiting on a promo of some sort.

from left to right:
High, Dirtysweet, Radar, Armor, Slanted, Dagger
Black Market, Smolder, Password, Whiskey, Combust, Thirteen

from left to right: High, Dirtysweet, Radar, Armor, Slanted, Dagger

from left to right: Black Market, Smolder, Password, Whiskey, Combust, Thirteen

And now Urban Decay came out with this one: The Naked Smoky palette.  Sure you can make a more ‚natural’ look with this palette but there mostly darker colors in there, perfect for the smoky looks.





Just like most palettes these days there is a booklet in there on how to make certain looks.  I love this!  I’m no make up artist and even though I watch tons of tutorials on youtube, I really love these little ‚how to’s’, they just make everything look so easy.


I love the packaging, it’s very solid.  It has a plastic case which makes it easy to clean and has a magnetic lock.  No need to push hard to close this baby!


The shadows are great quality, as usual with Urban Decay but I especially love the glittery shadows.   To me they scream girls’ night out!  I really need to plan more nights away just so I can bring out the full potential of this palette.


And of course UD is a real make up brand which means they know you can't do much with a 'sponge thingy' so instead they give you a full size dual end brush with which you can make all the eye looks in the booklet.


Where to buy in Europe:
I bought mine at feelunique.com for €53,58 (I did have a £5 discount so I paid less) but you can also find it at Sephora.fr for €49,95 (they charge shipping so feelunique will probably be cheaper).


SHARE:

Geen opmerkingen

Een reactie posten

© Wrinkles And Heels | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig